What have been the overall benefits of achieving/renewing the IiV accreditation?
1. - Better structure for recruitment
2. - Enhanced diversity through recommendations
3. - Bringing all staff and volunteers together
Please provide a quote that sums up the IiV experience for your organisation
An excellent process to go through that gives you a great confidence boost. Our assessor was very supportive too.
What are your 5 practical tips for another organisation working towards Investing in Volunteers?
1. - Get a head start, there are so many recommendations for best parctice available
2. - Use your assessor - ours was a great expert and understood that there were lots of areas that impacted on/were impacted by volunteering
3. - Be organised or have someone organised to take control of the application!
4. - Get volunteers and staff involved before even enquiring
5. - Make sure it is right for you and that you will benefit from it