What have been the overall benefits of renewing the IiV accreditation?
Confidence in the systems in place, a shared sense of achievement for staff and volunteers, a recognized accreditation which assists in funding bids.
Please provide a quote that sums up the IiV experience for your organisation
It may seem daunting at first but there is lots of support and the benefits definitely outweigh the effort needed to gather the information.
What are your 5 practical tips for another organisation working towards Investing in Volunteers?
1. - Have one person who is responsible for the information gathering and sorting
2. - Talk to the volunteers about the criteria your perception will not be the same as theirs
3. - Use other people to look at the self-assessment and give you advice
4. - Be honest with yourself
5. - Celebrate together the achievements and growth.