What have been the overall benefits of achieving/renewing the IiV accreditation?
Piece of mind to all involved with discovery that we are doing the right thing as well as having an easily recognisable kite mark for external bodies and organisations highlighting the quality of the work of Discovery.
Please provide a quote that sums up the IiV experience for your organisation
The investing in volunteers award has provided Discovery with a credible award that shows all involved that we are an award wining charity that invests in our volunteers and that they are highly appreciated.
What are your 5 practical tips for another organisation working towards Investing in Volunteers?
1. - Embed the IiV criteria into all of your working practices and reviews- we found attending a forum where these criteria were discussed.
2. - Ensure that volunteers have a lot of notice to ensure that they can be available for interviews
3. - provide an opportunity for your volunteers to grow and develop through a reflection on their work with Discovery
4. - Have a clear checklist of the things that are required
5. - continue the work beyond the period of the examination to make sure that renewing is straightforward.