What have been the overall benefits of achieving/renewing the IiV accreditation?
Staff morale- we can all feel proud of our support to volunteers by gaining a national recognition. We have up-to-date polices and procedures in line with best practice .
Please provide a quote that sums up the IiV experience for your organisation
The experience has been extremely positive. Our assessor was very supportive and understanding. She made the volunteers feel at ease and they really enjoyed speaking to her.
What are your 5 practical tips for another organisation working towards Investing in Volunteers?
1. - Have 1 person co-ordinating the process
2. - Train and support staff and colleagues about the process
3. - Use the process to ensure all your procedures and policies are up to date and train colleagues around this
4. - Explain and include your volunteers in the process and the value of IIV
5. - Ensure your Trustees are on board and in support of the process.