What have been the overall benefits of achieving/renewing the IiV accreditation?
The knowledge that we are 'doing it right' and the feedback to tell us how we can improve. An external verification of the work we do and great to have a fresh pair of eyes who can give practical and reflective feedback.
Please provide a quote that sums up the IiV experience for your organisation
IiV was a reflective process - it demanded that we took the time and space to think about how we work with volunteers, to justify the processes we use and to reflect on the areas we need to develop.
What are your 5 practical tips for another organisation working towards Investing in Volunteers?
1. - Be methodical - working through the checklist is a great way of reflecting on your own practice.
2. - Involve volunteers - listening to their feedback can make a signifiicant difference to how you work.
3. - Use the time to review policies and procedures at the same time to make the most of your time.
4. - Don't be afraid to do things differently.
5. - Make sure staff value volunteers and have time to spend with them