What have been the overall benefits of achieving/renewing the IiV accreditation?
We are proud of this achievement and the support and guidance received from NCVO and the assessor. The overall benefit is being able to show our volunteers (first) and our outside partners we value our volunteers and will strive to make their time with us rewarding and fulfilling. Furthermore this has now been validated by the accreditation, which we could not have achieved without the help of our volunteers.
Please provide a quote that sums up the IiV experience for your organisation
The experience has been invigorating, challenging, interesting, educational and worthwhile, very proud to have achieved the accreditation which is very valued.
What tips would you give to other organisations working towards Investing in Volunteers?
- Invest in your volunteers, ensure they feel valued and respected
- Ensure you have policies which support your goals and have the volunteers in mind
- Ensure you have a budget for expenses, volunteers should not be out of pocket
- Ensure they are made to feel part of the organisation and they are included in team meetings and their work is recognised
- Always take time to say thank you