What have been the overall benefits of achieving/renewing the IiV accreditation?
Working on IiV has allowed us to review our volunteer procedures and processes and to measure and develop these in line with a national standard. Achieving the standard has allowed us to demonstrate our committment to our ongoing development for volunteer support and involved trustees, staff members and students in the process. IiV has also given our existing volunteers an opportunity to celebrate their commitment towards volunteering.
Please provide a quote that sums up the IiV experience for your organisation
The assessment process was challenging but supportive. We are extremely proud to have achieved IiV; it has enabled us to review and develop our practices to provide a more supportive and robust service.
What are your 5 practical tips for another organisation working towards Investing in Volunteers?
1. Engage as many stakeholders, staff and partners in the process as possible.
2. Maintain communication between stakeholders, your assessor and set up a steering group.
3. Include IiV in the agendas of regular staff and stakeholder meetings to keep everyone updated and allow for input.
4. Put together your evidence as you go through the process and include a robust referencing system.
5. Celebrate and recognise your achievements as well as working on addressing the gaps - promote your good practice.