What have been the overall benefits of achieving/renewing the IiV accreditation?
Raised the profile of volunteer involvement within the organisation; developed peoples understanding of how to work with volunteers; and now have an up to date list of how many volunteers we have within the organisation
Please provide a quote that sums up the IiV experience for your organisation
When we started on the journey around IIV, our organisation had no processes, systems or understanding of how to work with volunteers. IiV is a highly effective tool to get any organisation up to speed on the numerous benefits volunteers can bring a charitable organisation. I would recommend IiV to any organisation who wants to ensure they have a highly effective volunteering service.
What are your 5 practical tips for another organisation working towards Investing in Volunteers?
1. - Consult with other teams- ensure they understand the process effectively
2. - Promote your new policies and procedures to the wider organisation
3. - Communicate the reasons why you are doing the IIV to all staff and volunteers
4. - Provide training opportunities to staff and volunteers on best practice standards of volunteering
5. - Understand the benefits of undertaking IiV- it shouldn’t be seen as a negative