What have been the overall benefits of achieving/renewing the IiV accreditation?
- Improved policies and processes for volunteers.
- Recognition of our good practice within our volunteering project.
Please provide a quote that sums up the IiV experience for your organisation
Investors in Volunteers enabled us to see our good practice already in place, and make ongoing improvements to ensure our Volunteer Project continuously improves and develops.
What tips would you give to other organisations working towards Investing in Volunteers?
- Don't underestimate the time it can take to gather and collate information for the evidence portfolio.
- Get key members of staff involved in the process as early as possible, and set achievable early targets for completion of policies/documents etc. to allow for the review and approval stages.
- 'Use' the process to improve the work you do with volunteers and see it as an ongoing improvement process.