What have been the overall benefits of achieving/renewing the IiV accreditation?
It has highlighted the processes we had in place that are working well but it has also highlighted the areas where we needed to focus to improve the volunteer experience and benefits the organisation received from deploying volunteers in certain services.
Please provide a quote that sums up the IiV experience for your organisation
It was a challenging yet very enjoyable process from which all the steering group gained a great deal of satisfaction.
What are your 5 practical tips for another organisation working towards Investing in Volunteers?
1. - Use a group that includes some of your volunteers to get their perspective on the self assessment and the development plan
2. - Keep the actions real and achievable within the time frame
3. - Ensure that you communicate to both volunteers and staff
4. - Ensure you establish buy in from senior management
5. - Enjoy the process do not make it too mechanical or laborious