What have been the overall benefits of achieving/renewing the IiV accreditation?
The whole organisation feels reassured that we are supporting volunteers in the best possible way. This gives us a sense of being the local place to volunteer - ultimately volunteers have a more enjoyable / valuable experience. When writing funding bids we are able to demonstrate that we support and value volunteers.
Please provide a quote that sums up the IiV experience for your organisation
The IiV experience has been a great learning curve for our team. We are delighted to have received our renewal and are pleased that what we learnt when we were first achieved IiV 3 years ago is still being practised on a daily basis. We work hard to develop and support our volunteers and the IiV award helps us to show stakeholders how we do this and to let our volunteers know how much we value them.
What are your 5 practical tips for another organisation working towards Investing in Volunteers?
1. - Take your time - dont try to rush the process
2. - Use it as a learning opportunity and make changes to improve what you do
3. - Involve the whole team - especially your volunteers
4. - Once you receive the award - make regular checks to ensure you don’t slip back to old ways
5. - Celebrate the fact that you have achieved the award and publicise your success