What have been the overall benefits of achieving/renewing the IiV accreditation?
Helped us identify areas that we should improve, although we have many positive things already in place, it is best practice to formalise these more, improve communication about what we can offer volunteers, and ensure that in reality we actually do what we say. Volunteers can feel more valued and part of the organisational effectiveness, whilst also improving the dynamics of the organisation and help achieve their aims and goals.
Please provide a quote that sums up the IiV experience for your organisation
A worthwhile outcome to ensure that we offer and continue to develop an environment that supports and attracts volunteers and helps us achieve our organisational aims.
What tips would you give to other organisations working towards Investing in Volunteers?
- Be open to what could be improved
- See it as a benefit rather than a paperwork task
- Involve all areas of volunteers in the development of it
- Promote communication, both positive and negative
- Treat your volunteers as an asset, that need to be nurtured and valued