What have been the overall benefits of achieving/renewing the IiV accreditation?
As County Voluntary Council for Powys, this accreditation demonstrates PAVO's commitment to Quality Assurance which will imbue confidence to the voluntary organisations we support and inspire them to engage with this system. This will ensure a more robust voluntary sector for Powys and a wealth of volunteers who are supported in a professional and qualitative way.
Please provide a quote that sums up the IiV experience for your organisation
Working through the process gave PAVO the opportunity to embed existing good practice, identify areas for improvement and incorporate new ideas
What are your 5 practical tips for another organisation working towards Investing in Volunteers?
1. - Ensure that Assessment requirements are agreed in full well in advance
2. - Agree numbers for face to face and telephone interviews with details of accompanying information well in advance
3. - Confirm verbal interactions in writing/by email
4. - Identify any conflicts of interest
5. - Keep everyone in the organisation aware of progress or lack thereof