What have been the key outcomes for the organisation in renewing IiV?
- Recognition for the work that we do with volunteers and the work that volunteers do for VOYPIC
- The continuation of high standard of practice across each of our 5 areas since we last achieved the award
- The development of our young reps programme in line with our other volunteering opportunities
- What have been the overall benefits of achieving renewal of the IiV standard?
- Recognition for the work that volunteers do with our young people
- Recognition for the work that staff do with volunteers
- Obtaining an award that compliments our work with IIP
- A useful tool to measure our performance and identify areas which we could improve on raising our profile and the value we place on good volunteering practices
- A quality of standard that we can evidence to funders
- Encourages more volunteers to volunteer with our organisation
What sums up the IiV experience for your organisation?
We received the IIV award 3 years ago, this year we were up for reaccreditation, which we successfully obtained. The IIV experience has been extremely worthwhile for our organisation. We pride ourselves on our standard of practice when it comes to volunteering and this award demonstrates that high standard. It also gives recognition to our staff and volunteers for their commitment, enthusiasm and hard work.
What are your top practical tips for another organisation working towards Investing in Volunteers?
- Ensuring that all levels of staff within your organisation are on board
- Make sure that there are processes/models of practice in place to ensure that the same standard of service is received by all volunteers throughout the organisation
- A commitment to the process and to volunteering