What have been the overall benefits of achieving/renewing the IiV accreditation?
1. - We can apply for local authority contracts/recommissioning of existing contracts
2. - Increase recruitment/retainment of volunteers
3. - Continue to adopt good practice and recognise area of improvement
Please provide a quote that sums up the IiV experience for your organisation
The Young Lives Foundation prides itself on valuing its volunteers. Working towards and receiving this award ensures the work we do and the standard we have are recognised.
What are your 5 practical tips for another organisation working towards Investing in Volunteers?
1. - Look at each indicator in isolation
2. - Be aware not to duplicate
3. - Include as many volunteers where possible, they feel a part of the process
4. - Give yourself deadlines for each indicator
5. - Ensure you start your renewal in time