What have been the overall benefits of renewing the IiV accreditation?
Opportunity to refresh our approach to working with volunteers and to acknowledge their contribution and show how they are valued both to the volunteers and the wider organisation.
Please provide a quote that sums up the IiV experience for your organisation
The process itself was very organisation friendly for an organisation which already has a fairly structured and embedded approach to working with volunteers. We had good support from our assessor and found the website and documents easy to use and easy to apply to our day to day experience of working with volunteers. It helped us to highlight what was working well and to identify where we could do better.
What are your 5 practical tips for another organisation working towards Investing in Volunteers?
1. - Only do it if you actually want to identify how you can improve
2. - Treat it as an ongoing tool to help you assess and manage how you work with volunteers
3. - Involve you volunteers in the process on an ongoing basis
4. - Ensure you have support from senior management and trustees
5. - Don't panic - it's very user friendly