What have been the overall benefits of achieving/renewing the IiV accreditation?
Maintaining the high standards that we set ourselves and being recognised for the hard work we put in. We're also very happy to be able to assure people that we have met a national standard of excellence.
Please provide a quote that sums up the IiV experience for your organisation
As an organisation, achieveing the IiV standard gives us a greater confidence that our policies, procedures and values are in line with what should be expected nationally.
What are your 5 practical tips for another organisation working towards Investing in Volunteers?
1. - Become familiar with the standard as early as possible.
2. - Concentrate on producing a comprehensive volunteers handbook.
3. - Concentrate on producing a comprehensive Volunteering Policy.
4. - Make use of the support of your Advisor and arrange regular meetings.
5. - Contact your IiV Co-ordinator if you have any problems.