Investing in Volunteers (IiV) aims to work co-operatively with organisations, being open to feedback and seeking to resolve any difficulties informally.
This policy is intended for use in situations where an informal process hasn’t resolved the issue to the organisation’s satisfaction.
Organisation’s informal process for making a complaint
Should an organisation have any concerns regarding the service offered by the assigned Advisor or Assessor these should initially be raised directly with the individual.
Where an organisation is unhappy with this or any aspect of the service relating to the IiV Standard and this has not been satisfactorily resolved informally, the following process will apply.
Organisation’s process for making a formal complaint
- A complaint must be made in writing to the appropriate country’s IiV Manager, including full details of the complaint, complainant’s full postal and email contact details.
- Written notification of the complaint must be received not later than one month after the occurrence.
- The organisation must provide any further requested information, within 15 working days of request to do so.
- The organisation must confirm satisfaction, or explain dissatisfaction, with the outcome of the complaint within 15 working days of request to do so.
IiV Manager’s process for dealing with complaint
- The IiV Manager will respond to complaint by email or post, within 10 working days.
- The IiV Manager will request any further relevant information from all relevant parties.
- The IiV Manager will make a decision, and give a full and transparent explanation of it, to the organisation within 25 working days of receiving all requested information.
- The IiV Manager will request the organisation to either confirm they are satisfied with the decision and any actions arising, or explain their dissatisfaction.
- If complainant is not satisfied, the matter will be referred to the UK IiV Quality Assurance Panel. The Panel’s decision is final.
Formal complaint contact information:
This complaints procedure is effective from 1st April 2009 and is subject to regular review.