An organisation that chooses to register to go through the 6 step process to be assessed against the indicators and achieve the Award will be be required to pay for support and assessment costs.
The figures quoted below should only be considered a guide to minimum costs. Actual cost of accreditation can vary considerably from these figures based on the number of sites and volunteers involved, but we are happy to give a 'no obligation' estimate of cost on request. We require details of your organisation's management,staff and volunteer structure, number of volunteers and sites, number and type of volunteer roles and who is responsible for the management of volunteers on the ground and strategically (requested on online registration form).
The figures below are for the *Basic Package which includes the support, resources and workshop needed to start the accreditation process within your organisation and includes the assessment of one site. Any requirement for additional days of support or assessment (e.g. where we need to interview a larger number of volunteers or where the organisation operates from multiple sites) will incur additional charges at the appropriate daily rate in order to cover the satisfactory assessment of your whole organisation. This will be discussed and agreed with the organisation in advance.
*Basic Package includes:
- Half-day introductory workshop;
- Review and feedback on self assessment and development plan . This includes a verbal and written report from your Advisor which makes recommendations that will assist you to write your development plan;
- Support from a Volunteer Now Advisor;
- Access to the restricted area of the Investing in Volunteers website that gives registered organisations step by step guidance on the accreditation process and access to all required documentation;
- Resource Pack of Volunteer Now publications and good practice checklists;
- Up to 1 day's on-site assessment from a trained Investing in Volunteers Assessor, including a final verbal and written Assessment Report;
- External verification of the assessment;
- Travel costs (within Northern Ireland only);
- Use of the Investing In Volunteers logo for three years;
- An Investing in Volunteers plaque for display in your office.
* Basic Package costs
- Organisations with income under £100K, cost = £950
- Organisations with income of £100K-£500K, cost = £1,245
- Organisations with income over £500K ,cost = £1,800
- Private / Public Sector organisations, cost = £2,900
*Costs exc. VAT
- Invoicing arrangements can be agreed with the organisation as follows:
- First payment on registration (Step 1) - Half of the set costs;
- Second payment before final assessment begins (Step 4) - Half of set costs;
- Third payment on completion - Any additional daily costs (support/extra assessment).
The first payment must be made before the 6 Step process to achieving the Award can continue. Similarly, final assessment will not commence until the second payment has been made.