You can access many forms of support: introductory workshop, your Investing in Volunteers Assessor and Advisor; Investing in Volunteers and the Volunteer Now websites; access to Volunteer Now's annual training programme/consultancy service; and a resource pack.
Introductory Workshop (part of Step 1)
This workshop will:
- introduce you to your Advisor;
- talk you through the Investing in Volunteers 6 step process in detail;
- give details on the 9 indicators, relevant practices and evidence required;
- include practical activities to help you start the self-assessment process;
- advise you on how to promote the benefits and the process to other staff, volunteers and Management Committee members.
Assessor and Advisor
Your Advisor will:
- Establish contact with you at the Introductory Workshop (Step 1);
- Assess your Self Assessment Form and make recommendations in a verbal and written report;
- Support you with a development plan to meet gaps in your practice;
- Offer advice on volunteer management and volunteering good practice in order to help you meet the Standard.
Your Assessor will:
- Visit your organisation to assess a sample of evidence including interviews with a range of key people, for example: Volunteers, Management Committee/Board member and Volunteer Co-ordinator;
- Provide a verbal and written Final Report.
Your organisation may feel that additional training and support may be required in order for it to acquire the necessary skills and knowledge needed to achieve the Standard. Volunteer Now offers an annual training programme that your organisation may wish to access. Click here.
However, your organisation may feel it would benefit from a more tailored training programme specifically designed to cover the areas it is developing in order to achieve the Investing in Volunteers award. Please contact the Volunteer Now Enterprises Team if you would like to discuss the possibility of tailored training for your organisation.
Telephone: 028 9023 2020
The Volunteer Now Enterprises Academy offers exciting and forward thinking suites of training to support and develop both staff and volunteers at all levels of an organisation.
From planning the strategic direction of your programme, skilling up your volunteers to equipping day to day supervisors of volunteers with vital management skills - our Academy has it all! Click here to download our brochure
Each registered organisation will have a full copy of the Investing in Volunteers Standard, including the indicators and suggested evidence required. You will also receive a resource pack that will include a selection of Volunteer Now publications and good practice checklists. Other good practice information and resources are available from the Volunteer Now website www.volunteernow.co.uk
When you register on the Investing in Volunteers website, you will be asked to select a user name and password. Once we have agreed a fee, and the invoice has been paid, your password will be activated. This will allow you to access the protected areas of the website, to start the Investing in Volunteers process. These pages include:
- Step by step guide to achieving the Standard;
- Tips from other volunteer managers who have achieved Investing in Volunteers;
- Self Assessment Guidance;
- Advice on setting up a development plan;
- Library of good practice information related to the Standard.