What is the role of our Investing in Volunteers Advisor?
Your Advisor is there to support you through the IiV process, up to the point of assessment. The introductory meeting is a key opportunity to talk through any concerns and questions. Together with your Advisor you will explore how much development work is needed to reach the standard, how to go about this, and how long it might take you.
Some key areas to discuss with your Advisor:
- Are you clear about the Investing in Volunteers process, including the role of the Advisor and Assessor?
- Do you have access to the website, using your username and password?
- How can you ensure the support and commitment of the whole organisation?
- Are there any major gaps in practice when compared with IiV Standard? How can you address these?
- How will you go about reviewing your practice and completing the self-assessment?
- Do you feel confident about how to fill out the self-assessment, and what kind of evidence to gather?
- Have you agreed the next step, including a target date?
- Do you know how to contact you Advisor if necessary and what other sources of support are available?