Investing in Volunteers
Web site terms and conditions
Please read the following terms and conditions of use before using this web site. In using this web site you agree to these terms and conditions of use.
This web site is developed and maintained by the four development agencies of the UK Volunteering Forum (UKVF): Volunteering England (part of NCVO), Volunteer Development Scotland, Volunteer Now in Northern Ireland and Wales Council for Voluntary Action (“the site owners”).
Information related to the Investing in Volunteers Quality Standard on this web site is provided by the UK Volunteering Forum. The UK Volunteering forum is the Awarding Body for the Investing in Volunteers Quality Standard and is responsible for assessment against the Standard. Any enquiries related to assessment should be addressed to:
Investing in Volunteers, NCVO, Society Building, All Saint's Street, London, N1 9RL (England),
Investing in Volunteers, Volunteer Development Scotland,
Investing in Volunteers, Volunteer Now (Northern Ireland),
Investing in Volunteers, Wales Council for Voluntary Action.
1. Trading name
Investing in Volunteers is the registered Trade Mark, registered by Volunteering England on behalf of the UK Volunteering Forum.
2. Use of this web site ('Site')
Please read the following terms and conditions ('Terms') of use before using this Site. In using this Site you agree to these terms and conditions of use.
- The material displayed on or downloaded from this Site is intended to be informative but is not intended for your individual requirements.
- The UKVF uses reasonable care in compiling and presenting the information found on the Site and you acknowledge that you browse the Site at your own risk. You should seek further guidance before relying on it.
- The UKVF makes no representation or warranty whatsoever regarding the completeness, accuracy, currency, adequacy, suitability or fitness for the purpose of the material on the Site. UKVF excludes to the fullest extent permitted by law all liability, warranties and conditions or terms implied by statute or common law in relation to the Site and its contents.
- Except in the case of death or personal injury due to the negligence of the UKVF, the UKVF shall be under no liability to you whatsoever whether in contract, tort or otherwise for any direct, indirect or consequential loss or damages whatsoever including, without limitation, loss of contracts, profits, anticipated savings, revenue, business, data, stoppage to other work or direct howsoever arising, due to your use of or in connection with this Site.
- Whilst the UKVF takes all reasonable endeavours to ensure the Site is virus free, it makes no warranty that the contents of the Site, any documents downloaded for it or any web site accessible via the Site are free from infection by viruses or anything else that has contaminating or destructive properties and shall have no liability in respect thereof. It is recommended that you take all appropriate measures and precautions to ensure appropriate safeguards are in place before downloading information. In using this Site you also agree tot take all appropriate measures and precautions to prevent the introduction of viruses by you to files held at this Site.
- The information included in the Site is subject to change without notice. The UKVF reserves the right to shut down the Site without notice and without liability.
- The Site was created for use by residents of England, Wales, Scotland and Northern Ireland. The UKVF makes no claims that the Site may be lawfully viewed or downloaded outside of England, Wales, Scotland and Northern Ireland. Access to the Site may not be legal by certain persons in certain countries. If you access the Site from outside the UK, you do so at your own risk and are responsible for compliance with the laws of your country. In 2013 Volunter Now entered into a partnership agreement with Volunteer Ireland to deliver IiV in ROI as part of their license. This covers use of the website.
- Nothing on this Site is intended to be nor should it be construed as an offer to enter into a contractual relationship with the exception of registering for Investing in Volunteers, which will create a contract and are subject to each member of the UKVF's Terms of Business.
- These Terms are governed by and will be interpreted in accordance with English law. Any claims or disputes (of whatever nature and not limited to contractual issues) shall be subject to the non-exclusive jurisdiction of the English Courts.
- The Site (and its contents) is © Volunteering England, 2004, 2005. All rights reserved.
- The material displayed on this Site, which includes but is not limited to the design, layout, look, appearance and graphics, is protected by copyright and/or database right throughout the world and is owned by Volunteering England.
- You may download, view, copy and print information and documentation held on this Site provided that:
- materials are used solely for your own use or for product/supplier research in connection with your business or your employer's business. You may not commercialise the material in any way.
- materials may not be altered or modified in any way without the prior specific written permission of the UKVF
- Unauthorised use of this Site may give rise to a claim for damages and/or be a criminal offence.
- You may not, however, commercialise the material or otherwise copy it without our permission.
- The Investing in Volunteers logo (as detailed above) is a trade mark of Volunteering England (Part of NCVO) on behalf of the UKVF.
- You are not permitted to use without the prior written consent of the UKVF these trademarks or any names or marks of the UKVF.
- The Investing in Volunteers Quality Standard Mark can only be used by organisations accredited by the UKVF.
5. Links to other web sites
- The UKVF makes no representations about any other web sites that you are able to access through the Site.
- A link to another web site does not mean that the UKVF endorses or accepts any responsibility for the content or availability of that web site.
- You may not create a link to this Site from another web site or document without the prior written consent of the UKVF.
6. Contact us
NCVO, Society Building, 8 All Saints Street, London, N1, 9RL
InvestinginVolunteers.org.uk knows that you care how information about you is used and shared and we appreciate your trust in us to do that carefully and sensibly. The site is managed and maintained by Volunteering England, Volunteer Development Scotland, Volunteer Now and Wales Council for Voluntary Action.
Information Collection and Use
Controllers of Personal Information
Any personal information provided or to be gathered by www.InvestinginVolunteers.org.uk is controlled by the National organisation with which you register your details.
On Registering on the www.InvestinginVolunteers.org.uk website, the user is required to chose a country to register with. The respective national organisation of that country is the sole owner of the registration information.
The information submitted at registration is stored on a secure online database.
Information collected by the national organisations will not be shared with any other organisation without the explicit consent of the user.
A cookie is a piece of data stored on the user's computer tied to information about the user. [Usage of a cookie is in no way linked to any personally identifiable information while on our site.] We use only session ID cookies. For the session ID cookie, once users close the browser, the cookie simply terminates.
Like most standard Web site servers we use log files. This includes internet protocol (IP) addresses, browser type, internet service provider (ISP), referring/exit pages, platform type, date/time stamp, and number of clicks to analyze trends, administer the site, track user's movement in the aggregate, and gather broad demographic information for aggregate use. IP addresses, etc. are not linked to personally identifiable information.
Though we make every effort to preserve user privacy, we may need to disclose personal information when required by law wherein we have a good-faith belief that such action is necessary to comply with a current judicial proceeding, a court order or legal process served on our Web site.
Information held online is held on a shared secure server regularly updated with security patches as they become available. Our server is protected by multiple firewall and located in a high security facility.
This Web site contains links to other sites. Please be aware that we are not responsible for the privacy practices of such other sites. We encourage our users to be aware when they leave our site and to read the privacy statements of each and every Web site that collects personally identifiable information. This privacy statement applies solely to information collected by this Web site.
Updating/Deleting Personal Information
A user may log in to www.InvestinginVolunteers.org.uk using their unique username and password.
It is not possible for a user to delete their details via this website. To do this they must contact the national organisation they are registered with either by phone, letter or email. Your country manager will delete your information on request. .
Notification of Changes
If, however, we are going to use users' personally identifiable information in a manner different from that stated at the time of collection we will notify users via email. Users will have a choice as to whether or not we use their information in this different manner. However, if users have opted out of all communication with the site, or deleted/deactivated their account, then they will not be contacted, nor will their personal information be used in this new manner. In addition, if we make any material changes in our privacy practices that do not affect user information already stored in our database, we will post a prominent notice on our Web site notifying users of the change. In some cases where we post a notice we will also email users, who have opted to receive communications from us, notifying them of the changes in our privacy practices.
8 All Saints Street
Tel.: 020 7713 6161